Festival Event Manager
Location: Toronto, a mix of office-based coworking and remote work
Competitive salary + bonus structure
Temp to permanent contract; 3 months minimum
Who we are
We are an annual film festival that focuses on representing the underrepresented and bringing a voice to filmmakers without one.
What we can offer (the right candidate):
- Ongoing training
- Access to stream endless films & TV
- Invitations to red carpet events & exclusive film previews
- Market rate salary & attractive bonus structure
You will be working in the busy events department of the film festival.
You will curate and execute a successful festival, screening, and awards event in Toronto.
- Events management
- Social media management
- Event hosting
- Event curation
- Basic bookkeeping
- Stakeholder mgmt
You should apply if:
- You think film festivals are the future of exhibition.
- You live on the internet, but enjoy meeting and greeting people IRL too.
- You think teamwork makes the dream work.
- You know what a Meetup is.
- You can navigate an Excel spreadsheet in formal dress.
- You can charm the pants off anyone.
- You are a film & TV obsessive.
- You are an overachiever.
- You (think you) understand the way the film & TV industry works.
- You know how to use web searches to learn new skills.
- You are a dedicated lifelong learner.
- You are looking for a new challenge.
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results.
- You are able to prioritize your workload.
- You think change in Hollywood is long overdue.
- Working knowledge of Google & Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of social media & forums
- Knowledge of the film industry & film festival circuit
- Love of independent film
- Working laptop
- Experience working in an office environment
- Excellent reading & listening skills
- Experience with Meetups
- Experience with web-based project management applications
- Ability to use forums, message boards, and Facebook groups
- Typing speed of 45 WPM or more
- Working knowledge of iOS
- Great interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in the film industry
- Desire to work at a fast-paced startup
- Can-do attitude
- Strong sense of self
- Great time management skills
- Both strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Love for the internet: you live on the internet
- Own transportation or access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel to and from our Toronto venue
How to apply
Fill out the form below.